Friday 28 August 2009

The world is so full of a number of things*

Randomness upon randomness, next Wednesday (2nd September, 1pm- 2pm) I've been selected to take part in the Anthony Gormley Sculpture "one and other", in Trafalgar Square, London. I get an hour to be up on the "fourth plinth" and, well, do what I like. It will be streamed to the Internet, and maybe appear on Sky Arts as well. Being into all this new media, etc etc... am thinking of giving some thoughts about the nature of streaming media and arts. Whilst taking some photos. And will see if I can stream my *own* content from the plinth. That'll show em!

This is a photo of someone else up there, doing their stuff. I'll let you know how it goes, no doubt. (and in case the caption doesnt load, the image is by DaveoGrave, used under a creative commons license).

*its the first line from my favourite short poem, from "A Child's Garden of Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson. The full version goes like this:
"The world is so full of a number of things,
I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings".

No comments: